Friday 11 November 2016

Crochet Pom Pom Scarf


We've had our first snow this week. It was very light and was gone in a few hours
but the chilly temperatures that came with it has stayed all week long. Our winter
woolies are back in use and there are a few more in the making, all to help us keep
warm and cosy this winter. So far, I've finished making a shawl and this scarf here
is for Markie. I'm currently working on a scarf for myself and after this,
I'll start on Lulu's.


I made Markie a cowl last Christmas but sadly and annoyingly, it had gone
missing. This scarf is its replacement. It is bigger in width than the cowl and
I've made it long so it can be snugly wrapped around. Hopefully it's cosier too.


As you can see, it's just rows of treble stitches finished off with pom poms
on both ends. Very simple and easy and it didn't take very long to make. It was
an enjoyable portable project to work on; I took it with me to her swimming lessons,
the school run and even to one of the birthday parties the girls attended. I always feel
very bored at these parties and having something to crochet whilst sat on the sides
waiting was great. I felt my two hours weren't completely wasted. 


Apart from the mustard yellow and dark pink yarns, the rest of the colours
were leftover wool from other projects, a mix of Drops merino and cotton.


I'm pleased that the colours go well together. Hopefully she'll get a lot of use out of this
and fingers crossed, she doesn't lose this one too!


That's it for now. This is my second post after my very long blogging break. Actually,
it's really nice to be back in this space and to be posting again about making
and crafting. I have missed being here. I still have a lot of catching up to do and
I'm looking forward to visiting your lovely blogs soon.

Take care, keep warm and have a great weekend!









5 comments:

  1. So happy you are blogging again. I've missed seeing your posts. The scarf is perfect and the Pom poms are just the right touch. I know how little ones can misplace things. I hope the scarf makes it through the winter : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely scarf. The pom poms set it off perfectly and make it special. Hope it doesn't go amiss this winter! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really pretty scarf! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you back here in Blogland. The new scarf is fab and those pom poms are adorable. I'm sure your daughter is going to love wearing it.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete