Tuesday 9 February 2016

Pancake Joy







Today is Shrove Tuesday, a day to enjoy pancakes, and we did. We had
ours for lunch earlier; they were small, slightly on the thick side, and
 very tasty especially with a drizzle of maple syrup and topped with fresh fruit. These are the sort of pancakes I had in my childhood and ones I still prefer. My husband likes thin, crepe-like English pancakes served
with sugar and lemon. The girls would rather have French Toast if given
the choice and this is why we don't make pancakes very often in our house. Today, though, they liked their pancakes which was great and
it pleases me even more because I was the one on pancake-making
 duty (husband is at work). They now call them 'Mummy's pancakes'
and of course, I am very, very pleased.


How about you, what kind of pancakes do you prefer? Fat or thin?
Sweet or savoury? Whatever your favourite, I hope you enjoy them today.


5 comments:

  1. In theory I like mine thin and English, but I will eat any pancake of any kind!! Yours look delicious!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pancakes look so yummy. I like both thick and thin. My favorites are when someone else makes them. I'm not the best cook. Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sort made with buckwheat flour, they are thin and very tasty. I also like them small and thick made with yogurt and oatmeal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like mine thin and English, but I will eat any pancake of any kind!! Yours look delicious!




    สูตรบาคาร่า
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete