Monday 4 May 2015

A fine day out














After two days of cold and rainy weather, the sun finally came out
 today, the last day of this Bank Holiday weekend, and he had his hat on!
It was too nice a day to just stay at home so off we went to the sculpture park to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. We always love coming here
and I think the park looks even lovelier at this time of year. The whole
landscape looked so green and fresh. It was a pleasure to be out and
about there today.

The current Henry Moore exhibition is brilliant. But there were also our
old favourites like Barbara Hepworth's  'Family of Man' and Sophie
Ryder's Lady-Hare 'Sitting'. We were delighted to see the 'Galloping
Horse' is still there galloping away. 

In the time that we were there we did a fair bit of walking, had loads
 of fresh air and enjoyed all the fantastic artworks we saw. I think it's 
been a Bank Holiday Monday well spent. We went home tired,
 but happily so.


4 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful day out, Marion. I'm always interested in seeing the sculpture park on blogs, and I love everything I've seen of it. Thanks for sharing. I hope you're having a good week so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing day out! I want to hop in the car and drive to Yorkshire to visit the sculpture park myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to go there. We did do an amazing sculpture walk in Grizedale, Lake District, once. Saw real deer and deer sculpture at the same time. Very special. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day out you had! And the weather was glorious for the bank holiday wasn't it? We visited the YSP a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time, I think we should go back for another visit soon xx

    ReplyDelete