Friday 28 February 2014

Hook and Needle


This week whenever I've had a bit of crafting
time I've been either crocheting or sewing.


I've treated myself to this lovely new book
and I'm so delighted with it. I wanted to pratice
making crochted flowers and made this one last night.


I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt.
I might add a pin to the back and turn it into 
a little brooch.

On the sewing front I've been making bags
for the girls-- with some help from my happy little assistant
of course.


I still have to hand stitch the appliques so will
have to show you the finished bags next time.
Til then I hope you all have a lovely, warm and cosy
weekend. See you soon!



5 comments:

  1. OOh! Thats going to look lovely when its done! And the book looks a lovely read! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both! The flower would be very sweet sewn to a hairband for a ponytail or headband, too! Of course, I'm pretty sure crocheted flowers are pretty sweet looking on just about anything! I love the bright, cheery letters on the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the crocheted flower would make a pretty brooch.

    Lulu is so lucky to have such a talented and crafty mommy like you : )

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super flower, I have that book, too. There are some lovely projects to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I adore that book...you will love it and want to make everything from it! Your little crochet flower is lovely. Great appliqué too, perfect for a little relaxing hand sewing. Hope you are having a great week.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete