Sunday 5 January 2014

Hello 2014



Happy New Year!

I hope you're all having a good start to 2014.
We took down all our Christmas decorations today.
It was a bit sad but the holiday season is now over and it's time
 to look forward to whatever this new year has in store for us.
I hope I'll be able to do more sewing and making for our home
and for us this year. At the moment I'm knitting myself a snood
and doing some crochet. I've also done a bit of embroidery with this
little cross stitch picture I made for my mother-in-law.

The motifs were copied from The Cross Stitch House
by Melinda Coss.

This was going to be part of her Christmas presents
but unfortunately I wasn't able to finish it on time. It turned out
to be a very late Christmas present, more like a New Year's gift,
which I'm glad to say, she was happy to receive.

I'm hoping to finish my knitting and crochet projects soon.
There's a christening present to make and more crochet.
Lots of fun crafting to look forward to!



Thank you for reading. Stay safe, warm and dry.

See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you! Your little cross stitch is beautiful, a perfect gift. Good luck with your crafty plans for this year...I will look forward to reading about them.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you! That is a gorgeous embroidery, well done. I'm sure it will be really happily received. x

    ReplyDelete