Tuesday 22 October 2013

Sew Last Summer



Around May this year I received a number of commissions, 
all from friends and family. It wasn't a lot but enough to keep me
 happy and busy. I spent many sunny hours working away in my sewing 
machine while my girls were in bed having their afternoon naps.

I made personalised buntings



and cushions.


This one was a first birthday present


and these were for a little boy and his new baby sister.
 The owls were a special request.  I added some toadstools
just because I like them.



I also made these little party bags.
I had lots of fun sewing those cupcakes and ice cream appliques.



And it was the first time I used my very own labels- exciting!


Last but not least this wedding present for my sister in law's friend.
I was asked to make a cushion with the names of the bride and groom
included in the design and the rest was up to me.
The happy couple both live and work in London and they also
got married there so I decided to put a bit of London in the design
and this was what I came up with


and the finished cushion.


My sister in law liked it very much and most importantly,
so did her friend. Hurray!

Some afternoons when I was busy sewing I had a little helper.
She was ever so good at keeping me company and (ahem)
 sorting out my things. I'm so lucky!


As I've said earlier it wasn't a lot, the commissions,
but it was plenty enough sewing for me especially with
 my crafting time very much limited to my girls' afternoon naps.
I'm so grateful to everyone for asking me to make some nice and
pretty things for them and to my girls for obliging me most afternoons.

And thank YOU for reading this post!

Wishing you lots of sunshine where you are.
(It's wet&miserable here in Sheffield)

Have a good week!


4 comments:

  1. What a lot of gorgeous makes. You are very good on your sewing machine, I wish I had half your talents - your work is so neat! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian! Thanks for visiting my blog. You're the very first to write a comment and such lovely words! Thanks so much!! xxx

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous makes Marion, some really beautiful things!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannapat! Lovely of you to visit again. Enjoy your bake tomorrow. Will try to link with your post (once I've figured out how!). Take care.x

      Delete